Advertiser rules are based on advertiser attributes.
This allows sellers to create rules not only from domains, but also from specific advertisers across all buyers (RTB and ONE Video DSP) based on:
- Advertiser Names
- Advertiser Categories (based on the IAB Categories)
- Advertiser Domains
Note: With Release version June 2017, rules can be defined as either blocklist or allowlist, enhancing the controls you have as publisher for serving of creatives through a diverse pool of buyers.
This change deprecates the Blocklist tab under Marketplace > Connections.
For RTB Buyers this information will then be passed as blocked domains or categories with the bid response.
- Block list of advertisers by their domains: "badv": [ "apple.com", "toyota.com", "pepsi.com" ]
- Blocked advertiser categories using the IAB content categories: "bcat": [ "IAB25", "IAB7-39", "IAB8-18", "IAB8-5", "IAB9-9" ]
In the Admin menu navigate to General Settings > Advertiser Rules tab. Click to edit your Advertiser Rule > Advertiser tab.
Defines the advertiser you wish to block and displays advertiser by names in a list.
- + Add Advertiser: Opens the Add Advertiser window. Type one entry per row or copy and paste large lists from Excel or another external source, one entry per row. Save & Exit confirms your selection.
- x Remove All: Deletes all advertiser from your list.
- x Remove Selected: Deletes selected advertiser from your list.
Defines the domains you wish to block and displays domains by names in a list.
- + Add Domains: Opens the Add Domains window. Type one entry per row or copy and paste large lists from Excel or another external source, one entry per row.
Save & Exit confirms your selection.
Note: Do not enter the full host name (http://www.site1.com) when specifying advertiser domains.
Enter only the second-level domain (site1.com).
- x Remove All: Deletes all domains from your list.
- x Remove Selected: Deletes selected domains from your list.
Available Categories/ My Selection Section
Defines whether a publisher blocks an advertiser by categories, which are based on the IAB standard.
To select, add one or multiple selections from the Available Categories section as Included Topics under My Selection.
- + Add All: Selects all subcategories of a main category. With Remove All topics are removed from My Selections.
- +All: Selects a specific subcategory under a main category. With Remove topics are removed from My Selections.
- Apply: Confirms your selection for this Advertiser Rule.
About Sensitive Categories: With Release January 2018, we changed the rule setting for Advertiser rules. Categories previously known as “Sensitive Category” you can now find and apply by following IAB category.