Define Advertiser rules for a seller org.
- Go to Admin > General Settings > Advertiser Rules and select Create New Advertiser Rule to open the advertiser rules workflow in the General tab.
Note: Mandatory fields are marked in bold and with a red asterisk.
- Define the rule Status.
Note: Only a Live rule blocks advertiser domains from delivering.
- Name the Advertiser Rule (mandatory) and enter a Description (optional).
- Select a Rule Type.
- Blocklist: Allows the selections on the Advertiser tab.
- Whitelist: Allows the selections on the Advertiser tab.
Advertiser Tab Settings
Use the Advertiser tab to define advertiser specific rules, which are applied across the inventory selected in the Targeting tab. If no targeting selected, then these rules apply across the entire org. For more detail, see Advertiser tab in Advertiser Rules.
Set the values in one or more of the following sections.
Advertiser Names Section
- Click Add Advertiser.
The Add Advertiser window opens.
- Define the advertiser to block (one entry per row). Type individual advertiser names or copy and paste large lists from Excel or another external source, one entry per row.
- Click Save & Exit.
Advertiser Domains Section
- Click Add Domains to open the Add Domain window.
- Define the advertiser domains to block. Type individual advertiser domains or copy and paste large lists from Excel or another external source, one entry per row.
Note: Do not enter the full host name (http://www.site1.com) when specifying advertiser domains. Enter only the second-level domain (site1.com).
- Click Save & Exit to confirm your selection.
Advertiser Categories Section
- Click Edit to open the Available Categories list.
- Select one or more categories, as defined by the IAB standard, to add to My Selections
- Click + Add All to select all subcategories of a main IAB category.
- Click + All selects to add specific subcategories within a main category
- Click Apply to confirm your selection.
Targeting Tab Settings
Define additional optional rules in the Targeting tab, which are assigned to the inventory for the incoming ad request. For details, see Targeting Tab in Advertiser Rules.
Targeting Location and Device Parameters
The broadest targeting parameters for each section are selected by default (to enable the greatest inventory availability). Change parameters as needed.
Targeting Media Lists
Select whether to target a Media List positively (Applied Whitelist) or negatively (Applied Blacklist).
- In My Selections activate either Applied Whitelist or Applied Blacklist.
- In Available Media List click +Add to add a specific media list to My Selections.
- Optionally, click Remove for specific selections or Remove All in My Selections for the entire selection by clicking the gear icon.
Optionally, create a new list. Click +New Media List to open the window and enter the required information.
Advanced Options for Targeting (optional)
Define specific key value pairs or inventory objects. The ad server applies the rules strictly on the basis of the selected inventory object, and the key value pair based on the incoming request.
- Key Value Pair - All keys that are enabled for the seller org on network level can be used for targeting. The available key operators depend on the key set.
For details, see Keys and Available Target Operators.
Note: Key value pair targeting supports direct inventory only.
- Inventory Objects - Optionally, change the default settings. The default setting is ALL, which signifies that the rule is applied across all inventory objects unless specified otherwise.
Note: If no targeting is selected, the rule is applied across the seller org.
Save & Exit to save the Advertiser Rules.