A deal gives buyers priority over ordinary bids. Once negotiations with the buyer have been completed, create a Deal ID by adding the parameters to the New Deal page. Create a New Deal from scratch or by cloning an existing Deal in the Deals Dashboard.
- Go to Marketplace > Deals. The Deals Dashboard opens. Click + New Deal.
- Go to the Deals Dashboard and go to the Edit menu for an existing deal and select Clone Deal to create a new deal.
After saving a cloned deal, a unique Seller Deal ID is created. By default, the cloned deal status is Paused.
The New Deal workflow opens in the General Tab.
- Set the deal Status: Paused or Live.
Note: Only a Live deal can deliver on bid requests.
- Enter a the Deal Name.
- Set the Start and End dates and times for the deal.
- Select the Deal Type. The type determines the priority for the deal.
Based on the Deal Type selected, the Pricing Type is pre-defined as Fixed or Floor price.
- Set the Priority of a Guaranteed or Preferred deal. 1 (highest) to 10 (lowest).
The Priority Type has to be set for Guaranteed Deals. The priority type can be either Ad Priority or Sponsorship.
- Enter the CPM price in the CPM field.
Fixed price deals - the deal will clear at the CPM price in the CPM field.
Floor price deals - the minimum bid will be considered to win the deal.
- Set the Impression Goals for the deal.
Guaranteed Deals have a Delivery Section. Use the Delivery Section to set the Frequency Capping and Delivery Method.
- Frequency Capping: number of times an impression is allowed to run per day, week or month.
- Delivery Method: choose whether to deliver the impressions spread out evenly over time or as quickly as possible until the frequency cap has been met.
Open the Participants Tab.
- Select the Marketplace to be assigned to this deal.
(optional) Select and apply the Marketplace connections for this Marketplace.
Note: At least one Connection must be selected before a deal can be saved. If a deal is linked to all connections, then any new connection created automatically links to that deal.
- Select the Buying Platform you want to assign to this deal.
The ability to select one or multiple buying platforms is determined by the Deal Type. A single Buying Platform can be selected for Guaranteed and Preferred Deal Types. Multiple Buying Platforms can be selected for Private and Open Deal Types. Only buyers approved for buying on at least one connection in a Private Marketplace appear for selection in the Buying Platform list.
- Click Save & Exit.
New Deals cannot be saved until all required fields in the General and Participant tabs have been filled.
- The Deal ID is auto generated by the Video SSP system and displays in the ID column in the Deals list. For more detail, see Seller Deal ID.
- Forward the Deal ID to the buyer including any needed parameters.
Note: If multiple Buying Platforms are assigned, the Deal ID should be sent out to all of the participating buyers.