Creating your YouTube API Credentials is accomplished by performing to main stages:
- Stage I - Creating a Google OAuth 2.0 Web application client.
- Stage II - Creating a YouTube refresh token.
To create your YouTube API credentials, perform the following steps:
- Go to https://console.developers.google.com/project and login using your Google Credentials.
- Click on 'Project' and select 'Create a project' from the drop down menu. A new project screen is displayed.
- Enter a name for your project in the 'Project name' field.
- Click on 'Create'. Your project is being created and will take a few moments.
- Click on the 'Project' menu and select the project you recently created from the drop down list. Your project library page is displayed.
- Click on 'YouTube Data API'. The YouTube data api overview screen is displayed.
- Click on 'ENABLE'. The API is enabled but cannot be used until you create credentials.
- Click on 'Go to Credentials'. The credentials screen is displayed.
- Select 'User data' in the 'What data will you be accessing?' field.
- Click on 'What credentials do I need?'. The add credentials to your project screen is displayed.
- Enter a name for your web client in the 'Name' field.
- Copy and paste the following URL to the 'Authorized redirect URLs' field:
- Click on 'Create Client ID'. Your OAuth web client is created and the consent screen is displayed.
- Enter a product name in the 'Product name shown to users' field.
- Click on 'Continue'. A download credentials screen is displayed.
- Click on 'I'll do this later'. You are redirected to the credentials screen.
- Go to your OAuth 2.0 credentials and click on the pencil icon to edit.
- Copy and paste your 'Client ID' and 'Secret' to your preferred text editor.
Important! You will need both of these credentials to set up your Company Settings screen within the portal.
- Click 'Save' in the OAuth Client screen and proceed to the next stage.
To create a YouTube Refresh Token, perform the following steps:
- Go to https://developers.google.com/oauthplayground/ and login using your Google Credentials.
- Click on (the 'Configuration' menu). A configuration drop down is displayed.
- Select the 'Use your own OAuth credentials' check box. The OAuth credential fields are displayed.
- Enter the OAuth Client ID you created in Stage I into the 'OAuth Client ID' field.
- Enter the OAuth Client secret you created in Stage I into the 'OAuth Client secret' field.
- Click on 'Close' to save your settings.
- In the 'Select & authorize APIs' pane, scroll down and click on 'YouTube Data API v3'. A drop down menu will appear displaying all the YouTube Data APIs.
- Select all of the YouTube Data APIs by clicking on each one. A check marker should correspond to each API method.
- Click on 'Authorize APIs'. A request/response is displayed in the right pane of the screen.
- If you haven't signed in yet, select your Google account.
- Click on 'Allow' to give your web application client access to the selected APIs.
- Click on 'Exchange authorization code for tokens'. The request/response pane is updated and displays authentication JSON object access token.
- Copy your Refresh token displayed between the double quotation marks.
This is the API token you are required to enter in your Company Settings screen within the Vidible platform.
In addition you will need the Client ID and Client Secret obtained previously.