To update your YouTube Video Export Credentials, you will first need to generate a new set of API credentials for YouTube. For further details please see How to Create Your YouTube API Credentials.
After coping your YouTube API Refresh token, proceed to the following instructions.
Update your YouTube Video Export Credentials
To update your 3rd party Export Credentials, perform the following steps:
- Go to the portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'MEDIA' in the Portal menu and go to 'ADVANCED'.
- Click on 'VIDEO EXPORT'. The video export page is displayed.
- Optional: Search for the relevant video export by entering its name and pressing enter. Relevant search results are displayed.
- Go to the relevant Video Export, click on the 'Menu' icon and select 'Edit' from the drop-down list. The Video Export edit page will open displaying the 'BASIC INFORMATION' tab.
- Go to the 'EXPORT OPTIONS' tab.
- Under the 'EXPORT CHANNEL' field, select 'New Export Channel' from the drop-down menu.
- Enter a name for the channel in the 'New Export Channel Name' field.
- Click on 'ADD EXPORT CREDENTIALS'. A create new export credentials screen is displayed.
- In the 'Create a new Export Credentials' screen select 'YOUTUBE'.
- Apply the required settings according to the following table:
Important! The following steps require YouTube API Credentials and Refresh token. For further details please see, How to Create Your YouTube API Credentials.
Field Name Description Name Enter a name for your YouTube Export Credentials. Client ID Enter your Google Client ID you previously obtained. Client Secret Enter your Google Client Secret you previously obtained. Refresh token Enter your Google/YouTube Refresh token you previously obtained. This is the access token that will allow videos to be exported by the platform and accepted in YouTube.
Note: Make sure your Refresh token does not include any opening and closing double quotation marks.
Default privacy status
Select the required privacy status that will apply to all videos that have been exported to YouTube according to the following options:
Note: This defines the syndication settings that will apply to each video within YouTube.
- Public - Videos are publicly distributed within the YouTube platform and discoverable by search.
- Private - Videos that are distributed only to profiles/Email addresses that you choose to share with. Videos with this setting will not appear in YouTube's search results.
- Unlisted - Videos that are not distributed within the YouTube platform, but are accessible to whoever has the specific video link. Videos with this setting will not appear in YouTube's search results.
- Click on 'CREATE NEW CREDENTIALS'. Your new YouTube credentials are created and linked to this video export.
- Click on one of the following options to save your updated Video Export:
- SAVE - Select this option to save your video export and remain in the video export edit mode.
- SAVE & CLOSE - Select this option to save your video export and switch to the video export details page.