Our Portal is now fully SSL compliant and provides a secure connection with your browser.
Video Upload Improvements
Our video upload page has been enhanced by placing the owning Company selector at the top of the video upload page. This makes it much easier understanding the context of the video when your user is connected to more than one Company / Studio.
Video Restrictions Mine/Others
We have introduced three additional options under the Ownership filter allowing you to filter video results (beyond the usual 'Mine' & 'Others'):
- Mine - When selecting this filter you will see only videos uploaded by your user. This includes any videos that are currently available, future activated or past videos that have expired there syndication date.
- My Company - When selecting this filter you will see all videos (uploaded by anyone) that have been uploaded to your Company or to any Assigned Companies your user is linked to.This also includes any videos that are currently available, future activated or past videos that have expired there syndication date.
- My White Label - When selecting this filter you will see all videos uploaded to your White Labeler and Affiliate Companies. Here you will only see videos that are currently available.
- My Company Group - When selecting this filter you will see all videos uploaded to any Company (either White Label or Affiliate) that are part of your company's Company Group. Here you will see only currently available videos in your Company Group.
- Others - When selecting this filter you will see any videos that are publicly available for syndication. If you are part of the AOL Network, this should be identical to what you see under the 'My Company Group' option. But to Companies and users that have access to more than one network (for example AOL & BeOn) they will see any publicly available videos beyond the Company Group.
Videos that are directly owned by your User and Company (highlighted in Yellow) now allow you to perform extra actions such as: Duplicate the video, Download the original file or any one of its renditions and also to download it's thumbnail. These options are not available on videos that are not owned by you (videos that are marked as 'Others' and are highlighted in blue).
We have introduced new Playlist CRUD API - for creating, updating and deleting static and dynamic playlists.
We have added an additional option when creating a new externally hosted video that allows you copy the video asset to the O4P CDN.
Closed Captions Live Video Support
Our player now supports Closed Captions for HLS on both Flash and HTML5.
360 Video Type
We have added a new field called 'videoType' to the Video Upload page that is used to identify the video as either 'Live', 'VOD' or '360'. When assigning this video to a player, the player will automatically identify the content type and render the video as a 360 video in the player without the need to pass a specified 360 macro. This makes all our players much easier to use as they can all play 360 content depending on the videoType defined on the video level.
360 videos can now be previewed in the Video Details page without the need to assign to a player as before. This allows you to search for 360 videos and preview them from the Videos page before selecting them for embedding.