What is the Background Area in the Player Template Wizard?
The background area in the player template wizard allows you to define an image and/or color that will be displayed within the player <div>, behind the video location. Also, you can set video content size and location under the background area. This setting will be applied to all players associated with this player template.
Note: For further details see, Understanding how the player is structured.
Note: If the video location window is the same size or larger than the player's size area the background skin will be hidden below it.
Customizing the Background in the Player Template Wizard
To customize the background in the player template, perform the following steps:
- Access the Player template wizard by editing an existing player template or creating a new one.
- Go to the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab.
- Under the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab, scroll down to the 'BACKGROUND' area.
- Optional: Click on 'More settings' to display all the available fields under this area.
- Apply the required fields according to the following table: Field Name Description IMAGE Click on this field to select a previously uploaded image that will be displayed as the background of the player. Note: If you do not have a previously uploaded image, please see How to upload an image. BACKGROUND COLOR Enter a hexadecimal color code or click on the color box to select a color for the Player's background. This color will be displayed when the player is loading a video, an ad or when the video location is smaller than the total player size. Note: By default, the player background color is set to black. Background size The width (W) and height (H) fields allow you to set the dimensions of your background within the player. Background location The X horizontal axis and Y vertical axis fields allow you to position the location of the background of the player. Video Content size The width (W) and height (H) fields allow you to set the dimensions of the video content within the player. Video Content location The X horizontal axis and Y vertical axis fields allow you to position the location of the video content within the player.
- Click on 'SAVE'. Your player background is saved and applied to this player template. Note: After saving a player template, please see How to assign a Player template to a player.