Adding Third Party Macros to the Player Tag
To add macros to your player embed tag, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Portal by clicking here.
- Click on 'MANAGE'. The management tab is displayed.
- Click on 'Players'. The players page is displayed.
- Go to the relevant player in the list and click on 'Details'. The player details page is displayed.
- In the Tag section of the details page, click on 'Edit Macros'. An edit macros window is displayed.
- Click on 'Add Macro'. A new macro name and value fields are displayed.
- Enter the name of the macro in the 'Name' field. Make sure that all the letters are in lower case and that no apostrophes have been entered.
- Enter the supported equivalent macro of the third party in the 'Value' field.
Note: The image above shows an example of a URL Name and a hardcoded URL Value.
Note: Although Vidible grants its users to include any Name, Vidible reporting will only populate the following names in the Player Macros Report.
Note: It is recommended to speak to your Media Exchange representative and request a supported macros list to supply accordingly. Example: If you are working with AppNexus, the Values inputted would be AppNexus supported macros.
- Click on 'Save' in the 'Edit Macros' window. Your macro is added to your player tag.
- Click on 'Copy Tag' and embed the player tag into your required website.