What is an Ad Campaign Allow and Block List?
An Ad Campaign block list is a list of sites that will not receive any ads from this Ad campaign. Allow lists are the opposite, lists of sites that will be served ads specifically, all other sites will not receive ads from this Ad campaign.
Note: To understand the difference between Blocklists and Allowlists, see What are Blocklists and Allowlists.
Important! Blocklists or Allowlists can be implemented on the Ad Campaign level but only one can exist at a time.
Upload an Allow or Block List to an Ad Campaign
This process only describes mandatory steps. Each image is followed by a step-by-step description.
To add an allow or block list to an Ad Campaign, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'MONETIZATION' in the Portal menu and select 'AD CAMPAIGNS'. The ad campaigns page is displayed.
- Optional: Search for the required Ad Campaign by entering its name and then pressing 'Enter'. Matching results are displayed.
- Go to the required Ad Campaign and click on 'Details'.
Note: You must have at least one predefined Ad campaign. For further details, please see How to Create an Ad Campaign.
- Select 'Upload Sites Allow/Block List'. The upload ad campaign's site block/allow list screen is displayed.
- Click on 'Browse' and use the explorer window to select the relevant file for upload.
Note: File Formats for Block & Allow Lists.
Note: Multiple site lists of the same category (Allow or Block) may be uploaded to an Ad Campaign.
- Click on 'Allow/Block List Mode' and select either 'Allow List' or 'Block List'. This field determines how to address the new upload list.
- Click on 'Upload'. The selected list is applied to your ad campaign.
Note: It will take 1 hour for the Site List to propagate.
Note: you can only apply one type of list at a time, either a block list or an allow list.
Note: If an attempted upload list contradicts a previous opposite list (for example: attempting to load a allow list that contains a site that appears also in a previous block list), a prompt message will be displayed asking you to delete the existing opposing site List before proceeding.