What is an Instant Player?
The Instant Player is a quick way to create a player directly from a video in the portal without the need of going through the full traditional player setup. The instant player inherits all of the features and definitions from a selected predefined player that is available to you. This allows you to leverage the existing player's settings and just make minor modifications before grabbing your player tag embed code.
- Instant players can only be created from videos that are currently available in the portal and not from future activated ones.
Create Instant Player
To create an Instant Player from a video, perform the following steps:
- Log in to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'MEDIA' and select 'VIDEOS' from the drop down menu. The video library page is displayed.
- Optional: Search for the relevant video by entering its name in the search field and pressing enter/return. Relevant search results are displayed.
- Hover over the relevant video card and click on the 'Instant Player' icon. The instant player popup window is displayed.
- Optional: Click on the 'PLAYER TEMPLATE' field to search and select the relevant Player template. Relevant results will be displayed in a drop down list from which you can choose from.
Note: By default, this field displays the Player template that is inherited from your User's owning Company.
- Optional: Click on 'More settings' to display additional option fields.
- Optional: Apply any of the relevant fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description COMPANY
Click on this field and select the appropriate Company that this player will be associated to, so the player may inherit any restrictions set on the Company level.
Note: The default company is inherited from the user's company context menu.
Click this field and select the required method to define the player's playback setting on desktops according to the following options:
- Autoplay - Selecting this option will enable automatic pre-roll ad and content playback upon loading the player (this is the default setting).
- Autoplay ad only - Selecting this option will enable automatic pre-roll ad playback only, after which the player will wait for the viewer's interaction to start the playback of the content.
- Mouseover - Selecting this option will enable pre-roll ad and content playback only when the mouse cursor is located within the player size area.
- Click - Selecting this option will enable pre-roll ad and content playback only after the viewer has clicked on the player.
Click this field and select the required method to define the player's playback setting on mobile devices according to the following options:
- Same as desktop - Selecting this option will apply your desktop playback settings for mobile devices.
- Autoplay (Muted) - Selecting this option will enable automatic pre-roll ad and content playback upon loading the player on mobile devices but without any sound.
- Autoplay ad only (Muted) - Selecting this option will enable automatic pre-roll ad only playback on mobile devices but without any sound. After the muted ad has played, the player will wait for the viewer's interaction to start the playback of the content.
- Click - Selecting this option will enable pre-roll ad and content playback only after the viewer has clicked on the player. This option is not muted and will also provide any ad/content video sound (this is the default setting).
Note: For further details, please see Mobile Muted Autoplay Options.
Selecting this option will set the instant player to be responsive to the HTML element the embed code will be embedded into.
Define a custom Width and Height in pixels if you want the instant player to have a fixed size when embedding.
Note: The Instant player inherits the default width and height definitions from your company settings screen (general tab).
16:9 ASPECT RATIO
Click on this button to automatically set 16:9 aspect ratio for your instant player.
Note: This option is only enabled when 'Custom size' option is selected.
- Click on 'Create Player'. Your instant player is created.
- Click on 'Copy Tag'. The instant player tag embed code is copied to your clipboard for embedding on your websites.
- Optional: Clicking on 'Advanced' will create a new Player and display the Player Wizard for you to update its configuration.
Note: For further details, please see How to Create a Player.