What is the Player Start Screen?
A Start screen is a set of three poster images displayed on the player when user interaction is required to initiate playback. Each Start Screen contains these three types of posters:
- Play Poster - The poster displayed on 'Click-to-play' or 'Mpusover-to-play' players.
- Replay Poster - The poster displayed at the end of a video allowing you to replay it.
- Replay After Ad Poster - A specific poster for mobile experiences, that is used to reinstate the player after being redirected to an ad.
Apply or Change the Player Start Screen
To change your player's start screen, perform the following steps:
Go to the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab.
Under the 'LOOK & FEEL' tab, scroll down to the 'START SCREEN' area and apply the required options according to the following table:
Field Name Description Preview poster
This field allows you to select a preview poster type that will be displayed on 'click-to-play' players. Click on this field and select the relevant setting from the drop down list according to the following options:
- Static - Selecting this option will display a static thumbnail poster (either one you manually uploaded or an automatically generated one assigned to the video).
- Animated - Selecting this option will display a 6 second animated video preview poster. For further details, please see What are Animated Posters?
This field allows you to select the required Start Screen poster set that will be applied to your player. Clicking on this field will allow you to search and select a relevant Start Screen Poster set from a drop down list.
Note: Not all Start Screens are compatible with your selected Player Controls. We suggest testing your settings in the preview area.
The width (W) and height (H) fields allow you to set the dimensions for your Start Screen.
Note: By default, these values should be identical to the video location of your player.
Button location The X horizontal axis and Y vertical axis fields allow you to position the location of the Start Screens on the video location area of your player.
Click on 'SAVE'. Your player start screen is saved and applied to this player.