To create a new Player, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Portal by clicking here.
- Hover over 'PLAYERS' in the Portal menu and select 'PLAYERS'. The players page is displayed.
- Click on 'Create New'. A new player wizard showing the 'BASIC INFO' tab is displayed.
- Enter a name for your player.
- Under the 'BASIC INFO' tab, go to the 'SETTINGS' area and apply the required fields according to the following table:
Field Name Description Company
Click this field to define the company under which this player will reside. By default this field will be set to your user's owning company or the selected company in your company context menu.
Note: By default this field will be set according to your user's company context menu. For further details, please see Company Context Menu.
Note: If you have access to any additional Affiliate Companies you will also be able to assign this player to them from this field.
Playlist Optional: Click on this field to open a search box that will allow you to select a Playlist that will be assigned to this player. Relevant search results will be displayed in a drop down menu from which you can choose from.
Note: If no Playlist is selected, this player will not have any videos to playback and will display an error code.
Note: You may leave this field blank if you intend to use this player as a static embed tag and manually inject Playlist and/or Video IDs using the Player API. For further details, please see Player tag API.
By default, this field displays the defined Player template that is inherited from your User's owning Company settings or the defined Owning company you set in the previous Company field. To change this setting, simply click on the 'Player template' field to search and select for the relevant Player template. Relevant results will be displayed in a drop down list from which you can choose from.
Note: All player default settings are inherited from the selected Player Template.
Side View Optional: Selecting this slider will apply the Sideview extra functionality to this player.
Clicking on 'Settings' allows you to apply manual configurations to fine tune your Sideview extra behavior. For further details, please see Sideview Extra.
Up Next Optional: Selecting this slider will apply the Up Next extra functionality to this player.
Clicking on 'Settings' allows you to apply manual configurations to fine tune your Upl Next extra behavior. For further details, please see Up Next Extra.
- Optional: Continue to apply any player settings you may require by referring to the Available Player Settings List.
- Click on 'SAVE'. Your player is saved under the selected company.